Are you starting up a website or blog of your own and looking to generate revenue out of it?
No clue on how that works?
Then this one’s for you, because, in this post, I am going to highlight everything you need to know about Google AdSense and how it can help bring in a steady stream of income if used correctly.
Many people who have taken up blogging as a full-time career, have struggled to obtain full-time pay. A smart way to generate income is to place advertisements that are relevant to the content of your website through a simple and automated program using the right tools.
Google AdSense is one such tool that uses Cost per Click(CPC) and assists in finding the most suitable ads quickly. Such targeted ads will generate more clicks and therefore a higher payout.
What exactly is Google Adsense?
Google AdSense is a program run by Google that helps advertisers to connect with the right publishers for their advertisement.
How does Google AdSense work?
This Google product started in 2003 and has ever since been the go-to ad product for bloggers all around the world to make money. What this program does is that it helps you put targeted ads on your blog or website and earn money from them.
If you are new to blogging, Google AdSense can be an intimidating place. So let’s quickly deep dive to understand the product in-depth and its uses.
The crux of AdSense is placing a Targeted ad as discussed before. A targeted ad is usually an ad that is relevant to the content of your website. For example, a food blog enrolled with the Google AdSense program will probably show ads related to crockery, bakeware, or grocery services.
The earning here happens when a user visits your website and clicks an ad shown there. There are thousands of websites that do this today and you have most likely clicked on a few ads yourself. Probably not realizing that you just helped someone earn!
The true genius of Google AdSense is in the way it works. Firstly, the quality of the ads it provides through its contextual ad network. As discussed before, it picks those ads that are the most relevant to the content you are browsing. And secondly, based on your search history (called the cookie method)
For instance, If you searched a pet clinic service in the recent past, more likely that you see pet clinic services ad while browsing.
Advertisers pay Google to run ads for their businesses, they can opt to include their content on Google’s Display Network. If they do, their ads are eligible to show up in the “AdSense slots” on participating websites aka websites like yours.
You can choose where ad slots are placed once you obtain your AdSense account. Then, Google will place ads there, depending on your site and content. The system is designed to automatically find businesses that are a good match for your niche and audience.
How to set up Google AdSense?
Follow these steps and set up your account in a jiffy.
1. Go to Google AdSense and click on the signup now. Ensure that all the correct information about your details and Website URL is given.
If you are using GSuite for your domain email address, I suggest you to use that to register for your Google AdSense account. When you use domain-specific email IDs ([email protected]), there higher chances of getting your AdSense application approved.
Otherwise, you can use your existing Gmail Id.
Click save and continue.
2. Sign in to your google account.
3. Select your country; accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions and then create an account.
4. Add the payment address details and click on submit.
5. Connect your site to AdSense
- Copy the code below
- Paste it into the HTML of https://sarathpatro.com, between the <head> and </head> tags
- Tick the box and click Finished when you’ve completed it
6. Post that, your site will go under review which takes a few days, but in some cases, it can take up to two weeks. You will receive a confirmation once via email.
What are the benefits of using AdSense?
- The biggest benefit of the AdSense program is that it is a trusted advertisement program by Google.
- Secondly, your ads stand a higher chance to be clicked on as the ads are based on your content.
- AdSense also pays higher than most ad platforms on the internet.
- The inclusion of highly-targeted ads can also facilitate you to make available a more personalized service for your customers.
- Because it is mainly automated, it saves you a lot of time.
- The best part, it is completely free to join.
Getting paid through AdSense
Once you have started displaying ads on your site, your earning should start too. AdSense will mail you a PIN to your registered address once you reach $10.
Enter the Pin after you receive it into your AdSense account. Now when you accumulate $100, Google will send you the money through your chosen method of transfer.
You can get paid by direct deposit or through checks once your monthly earnings reach or exceed $100. In case you don’t make that in a month, it keeps getting added onto the next month till you reach the $100 threshold.
Your AdSense account makes it easy to see your current earnings and other analytics like what ads cause the most clicks etc.
It is difficult to estimate how much money can be earned. The only true way to know is to try it in the first place. It is dependent on a variety of factors such as traffic, your content niche, the geographical location of your readers, and the placement of your ads.
So just go for it!
Tips on Making Money with AdSense for Beginners!
Here are some tips for maximizing your AdSense revenue:
- Thoroughly read and adhere to Google’s rules.
- Don’t click on your ads or ask others to click on them as this is against the rules and can lead you to get your account banned.
- Work on putting up great content that people want to read because that is the true money maker.
- Utilize traffic-building tools such as search engine optimization and article marketing.
- Optimize your website to make it mobile-friendly.
- Place your ads in the most eye-catching manner to encourage more clicks.
- Include ads in your content for more visibility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does Google AdSense work?
Google AdSense places targeted ads based on your content on your website and you can earn money based on the number of clicks on these ads from your website.
How much does Google AdSense pay per 1000 views?
AdSense pays on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis, so the number is irrelevant. Your earnings will depend upon click-through rate induced by traffic to your website and your cost-per-click provided by advertisers.
What is the minimum payout for Google AdSense?
The minimum payout is 100$.
Does AdSense pay monthly?
If your earnings per month exceed 100$, then yes! If not, your earnings for the month are carried over to the next few months till it reaches 100$ and then you will get paid.
When can I apply for AdSense?
You can apply for AdSense anytime. Whether you are a beginner or a long time blogger, AdSense is a good place to start a secondary source of income through your website.
How do I withdraw money from AdSense?
You can either choose to get direct deposits or ask them to send you the money via checks.