1. Go for the Right Coverage While buying a health insurance policy, checking the coverage offered under a plan is important.
2. Prefer Family Floater Plan If you are buying insurance for the entire family, go for a family floater plan instead of buying individual health plans for each member.
3. Choose the Right Sum Insured Amount At the time of purchasing medical insurance, make sure to choose a sum insured that you actually need.
4. Choose a Plan with Lifetime Renewability Make sure to select a health plan that comes with lifetime renewability. This is essential because you will most likely require a health insurance policy during your old age.
5. Go for a High Claim Settlement Ratio While buying health insurance, go for an insurance company that enjoys a high claim settlement ratio or CSR.
6. Check the Network of Empanelled Hospital At the time of purchasing medical insurance, choose an insurance company that has a wide range of network hospitals.
7. Choose Plans with Lower PED Waiting Period Another important thing to consider while choosing a health plan is the pre-existing disease (PED) waiting period.
8.Compare Multiple Health Plan One of the best ways to pick the right health policy is to compare different plans based on their coverage, benefits and quotes.